Fangio and MIqua

Fangio and MIqua
The Authors: Fangio (Labrador) and Miqua (Chow Chow)

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Prednisalone


Miqua: I've never really been interested in food before. Sure, there were the occasional episodes where someone would feed me peanut butter off the spoon, or dangle noodles in front of my nose, and I'd eat them, but it was never my passion. I would prefer to sit and look out the front door for passers by, rather than rush over for dinner.

This has all changed thanks to a little run in with cancer. Due to a little lump, I have started taking a drug called prednisalone.

Let me tell you, it does wonders for the appetite!

Cat food used to smell OK, but now - the rich fragrances! My mouth waters, my legs start taking me towards the smell while my brain is still in paralysed state of ecstasy! One dropped noodle is enough to make me move tables, chairs, even toddlers, so I can saviour the beautiful feeling on my tongue.

Now, I finally understand Fangio.

For all the years we have lived together, his ferocious appetite has been a mystery. I would watch with bemused detachment as pools of saliva appeared on the floor under his chin if people even went near the biscuit container.

Now, the same urges pull me from whatever it is that I happen to be doing, and I wait, and I watch the biscuits without blinking. If I have to I sit, I even sit quickly. I suppose change is good, but I still find it very strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment